Monday, May 17, 2010

Wandering the Wappinger Creek - Reese Sanctuary

A delightful surprise around every bend in the trail was what I experienced during the 1st in the series of Wappinger Creek Project Hikes. Surrounded by fellow hikers both human and canine, I felt right at home in the lush, green beauty of the Reese Sanctuary!


Our guides, Santha and Wilfredo, introduced us to the native plants, trees and fauna, as we wandered the elegant forest just outside of the bustling Town of Wappinger. The peace, quiet and serenity enveloped us as if in a world of our own. I couldn't help but feel what our ancestors must have felt when they saw this land for the first time too... complete and utter gratitude.



I can't wait until the next creek exploration along the Wappinger Creek Greenway in the Town of LaGrange. I encourage all of you to join us in June as we continue to celebrate the beauty of nature right in our own backyards!

<

No comments:

Post a Comment